We collect your personal information through a range of sources including: the information you share with us on our website or other social applications; communication with us through correspondence, chats, email; surveys and questionnaires completed; interacting with our sites, services, content and advertising; and at Good Coffee Project or related events and functions.
We may collect the following types of personal information:
- your name;
- email address;
- mailing address;
- phone number and other contact details;
- details of the products and services we have provided to you or that you have enquired about, including any additional information necessary to deliver those products and services and respond to your enquiries;
- any additional information that you provide to us directly through our website or indirectly through your use of our website or online presence or through other websites or accounts from which you permit us to collect information;
- information you provide to us through customer surveys; or any other personal information that may be required in order to facilitate your communications with us.
We may use your personal information for a range of purposes including:
- to enable you to access and use our website;
- to provide you with information you request regarding the products or services;
- to personalise your experiences on our website, including saving shopping cart information;
- to process and obtain payment for coffee or other products or services you order from the Website;
- to contact you for Good Coffee Project' direct marketing and promotion via email or our social media channels.
When you place an order through the Website, we will maintain your order Information for our records, unless you ask us to delete this information.
We may also use your personal information from time to time to inform you of new products functions, upcoming events, special product offers from us and our business partners, or to ask you to participate in surveys that help us to improve our levels of service. If you no longer wish to be contacted by us or receive these forms of information, you can:
- Click the “unsubscribe” function – where information is sent electronically
- Contact us via email at email@example.com
Our online store is hosted on Shopify Inc. The company provides us with the online e-commerce platform that allows us to sell our products and services to you.
Your data is stored through Shopify’s data storage, databases and the general Shopify application.
If you choose a direct payment gateway to complete your purchase, then Shopify stores your credit card data. It is encrypted through the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI-DSS). Your purchase transaction data is stored only as long as is necessary to complete your purchase transaction. After that is complete, your purchase transaction information is deleted.
All direct payment gateways adhere to the standards set by PCI-DSS as managed by the PCI Security Standards Council, which is a joint effort of brands like Visa, MasterCard and American Express. PCI-DSS requirements help ensure the secure handling of credit card information by our store and its service providers.
Sharing Your Personal Information
Good Coffee Project is committed to respecting your privacy. Information about our customers is an important part of our business, and we will not sell your information to others.
We may disclose personal information to third parties that help us deliver our services to you or as required by law:
- third parties engaged by us to perform functions, such as order fulfillment, mail-out, shipping, debt collection, marketing, research and advertising;
- payment systems operators (eg merchants receiving card payments);
- third parties authorised by you to receive information held by Good Coffee Project;
- government agencies, regulatory bodies and law enforcement agencies, or as required, authorised or permitted by law.
To make this site work properly, we may record certain information about your use of our website, such as which pages you visit, the time and date of your visit and the internet protocol address assigned to your computer.
We may use ‘cookies’ or other similar tracking technologies on our website that help us track your website usage which enable us to provide you with a better browsing experience.
Cookies are small text files that a website saves on your computer or mobile device when you visit the site. It enables the website to remember your actions and preferences (such as login, language and other display preferences) over a period of time. You can disable cookies through your internet browser.
If you would like any further information about our privacy policies or practices, please contact Good Coffee Project at: firstname.lastname@example.org.